The election for the vacancy on Charlbury Town Council will be re-run on 20th April after no candidates came forward for the previous election.
Nominations must be submitted by 4pm on Wednesday 22nd March.
According to the official WODC notice of election:
- Nomination Papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, Council Offices, Woodgreen, Witney, Oxon, OX28 1NB on Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. They may alternatively be obtained from the Clerk of the Town Council (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nomination Papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, at the Electoral Services Office, Council Offices, Woodgreen, Witney, Oxon, OX28 1NB, on any date after the date of this notice, on Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, but not later than 4 pm on Wednesday 22 March 2017.
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 20 April 2017.
- Applications to vote by post, or to vary or cancel existing postal or proxy voting arrangements, must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Monday 3 April 2017. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Monday 10 April 2017. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by no later than 5 pm on Thursday 20 April 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Monday 10 April 2017. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Monday 10 April 2017. All applications and notices regarding absent voting must be sent to the Electoral Registration Officer, Electoral Services Office, Council Offices, Woodgreen, Witney, Oxon, OX28 1NB. Application forms for postal and proxy voting are available from that address.
- Applications to register to vote must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer no later than 12 midnight on Friday 31 March 2017 if they are to be effective for this election.
- For further information about elections please visit www.westoxon.gov.uk/elections or telephone the Elections Office on (01993) 861410.
Please do consider standing - it's important that the Town Council reflects all parts of the town. The time commitment is typically two evening meetings a month, though town councillors can also volunteer to be representatives on other bodies. If you'd like more details about what's involved, do ask any current town councillor.